Van Driver / Storeperson
We are looking for a Van Driver / Storeperson to working in our Central Cleaning team!
You will help to ensure the smooth running of the Central Cleaning team by working closely with the Workforce Planner, Supervisors and Laundry Assistant Manager to ensure any PPE/Cleaning products and equipment are well stocked and available to the Cleaning teams at their various locations around the College, as required.
Please be advised you will be required to work 20 hours a week, 8 am- 12 pm, Monday - Friday on a Term-Time Only basis.
**Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the recruitment process for these roles may take longer than usual. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.**
- Drop off/collect cleaning equipment and products to/from various locations around the College, ensuring that any deliveries are left in the correct location along with a delivery note when required
- Assist with picking and packing orders
- Taking in deliveries of stock from Bidfood, notifying management of short deliveries or damages
- Complete weekly stock checks in the warehouse
- Assist the Workforce Planner in preparing delivery notes
- Loading and unloading the van
- Ensure the Central Cleaners product collection area is well stocked
- Collecting deliveries made to Security/School Office
- Ensure the College van is kept in good order and clean at all times
- Carry out daily vehicle checks to ensure the van is safe and roadworthy, ensuring any defects are reported immediately
- Drive safely and follow all laws and rules of driving
- General housekeeping duties to ensure the warehouse is kept tidy and easily accessible
- Adhere to current Health and Safety legislation and best practice in accordance with the Colleges Health and Safety Policy Statement including manual handling
- Attend as necessary any Health and Safety training including Health Surveillance
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post
- Commitment to equality, diversity & inclusion
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to follow schedules
- Ability to work effectively on your own
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Customer Service
- Sense of own initiative
- Flexible approach to the role
- Knowledge of MS package
Previous experience within either stores, warehouse or delivery driver role would be an advantage.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are committed to creating and sustaining an environment that values and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.