Universities and Examinations Administrator
We are looking for a Universities and Examinations Administrator.
You will support both the Director of Universities and the Examinations Officer to ensure smooth running of the Universities and Examinations Offices. The post holder will have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
Please note this position will be for 35 hours per week during school term time. In addition, the post holder will be expected to work the period between A-Level results day (mid-August) and the start of the Michaelmas Half, and other out of term time periods by agreement, equating to 38 weeks annually.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Field masters’, boys’ and parents’ enquiries about universities;
- Liaise with universities about enquiries from the various stakeholders;
- Compile universities data for a variety of stakeholders;
- Run the UCAS system in the school, including registering boys and house masters;
- Check all UCAS entries before they are sent off;
- Organise any university fairs, meetings or visits;
- Assist with the administration of US university applications;
- On results day, assist with the analysis of results on university offers as well as fielding enquiries and advising boys.
- Nominated to cover Examinations Officer absence;
- Assist the Examinations Officer with all year-round exam administration, such as; entries; assisting in the provision for students with Access Arrangements, including the maintenance of Access Arrangements records and applications; filing and photocopying as required.
- Assist the Examinations Officer and Examinations Coordinator during the live exam season;
- Make sure exam rooms are running smoothly and efficiently ensuring the correct environment for students;
- Organise exam rooms in accordance with JCQ regulations;
- Maintain stock levels of exam stationery and equipment;
- Prepare and record exam scripts for dispatch;
- Support and assist the Examinations Officer during results days;
- Input accurate results data as required;
- Assist with post results application and recording distribution;
- Collate and dispatch certificates.
- Undertake regular training and appraisals.
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and Competencies Required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, with ability to manage a busy workload and meet deadlines
- Excellent IT skills and a willingness/aptitude to develop these; in particular, knowledge of MS Office is required
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Personable, to engage positively and gain the confidence and trust of staff and pupils
- Reliability and flexibility with a ‘can-do’ approach to all duties and responsibilities
- Diplomacy and discretion with a professional approach at all times
- Good team player with good communication skills
- Ability to react appropriately and remain calm in a pressurised environment
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are committed to creating and sustaining an environment that values and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.