Sports Facilities Assistant
- Ensure that all health and safety duties are carried out in accordance with NOP/EAP procedures and following procedures in the Staff Information File.
- To take responsibility for the fitness facilities when on shift ensuring the user’s safety and correct use of facilities.
- To take responsibility for the swimming pool when on shift ensuring the user’s safety and correct use of facilities.
- Act as first contact for all sports facility users.
- To actively support the Manager with implementing new services and facilities.
- To carry out the responsibilities of the post showing regard to the Eton’s policies and procedures as well as additional guidelines as laid out in the Centre’s Staff Information file.
- Carry out lifeguard duties overseeing the general safety and behaviour of the public to prevent injury, drowning, misuse and damage to facilities.
- Undertake a range of duties in wet, dry and other areas including the Gym, all weather surfaces which will include; control of facilities (changing rooms, showers and toilets); and assembly and dismantling of equipment (such as lane ropes and diving blocks).
- To work on a shift basis to ensure adequate staffing levels to cope with the changing customer and operational demands of the Sports Centre.
- To report any maintenance issues via PINKS system.
- Undertake other duties as requested by the Sports facilities Manager on days/events that fall outside of the normal schedule. (Fourth June)
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), a cycle to work scheme and free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of the importance of Health and Safety procedures in relation to lifeguarding a pool.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of why Diversity & Equality is important.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of why Customer Care is important.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally) with a wide range of people, for the purposes of providing advice/guidance, as well as information and assistance on services offered and the operation of equipment.
- Ability to maintain and keep records up to date.
- To be able to demonstrate team player attitude and the desire to help and assist others when needed.
- Taking responsibility and being accountable for achieving the best possible outcomes – a ‘can do’ attitude to work.
- Taking a team approach that values collaboration and partnership working.
- Ability to be able to work independently and show a proactive attitude whilst adhering to instructions given by Sports Facilities Manager.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sports Facilities Assistant to join its busy Sports and Swimming Pools Department. You will be responsible for providing a high quality, friendly service and a safe environment to all our users. You will have particular responsibility for the health and safety of users and the cleanliness of the gym, pool and all-weather surfaces for all visitors to the centre. The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people in order to provide advice and guidance is key. A valid National Pool Lifeguard qualification is a must for this role and any other fitness or sports qualifications would be a great advantage.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.