Senior HR Administrator (Maternity cover)
As a Senior HR Administrator you will work within a small generalist HR team who look after designated client groups within the school. You will be responsible for co-ordinating the day to day work of the HR Administrators in the team to provide full administrative support throughout the employee lifecycle. This can range from carrying out legally compliant recruitment checks, entering new joiners onto the HR system and processing changes, to sorting out exit paperwork.
Please note that we are keen to move quickly on this position, so we may interview suitable candidates before the closing date. If this is the case, the advert may close early, so please don't delay if you are interested!
- Providing guidance and training to the HR Administrators ensuring that the team provides high quality administrative support and to be their first point of contact for any administrative queries;
- Carrying out recruitment checks for successful candidates and logging these on our Single Central Register – there are 14 separate checks that need to be undertaken before an individual is able to join the College. These checks need to be carried out in line with the school’s expectations and in a timely fashion to ensure that the individual is safe to work in a school before they start with us;
- Inputting new joiners onto our HR Information System and checking the input of the HR Administrators, and liaising with payroll, IT, Security and other internal stakeholders to ensure everything is set up in time for the new joiner’s arrival;
- Generating offer letters and contracts and helping to on-board employees once they join;
- Processing changes on our HR Information System and preparing letters to send to individuals – for example salary changes, promotions etc.;
- Supporting the processes of annual salary review – including helping to mail merge and envelope letters;
- Answering queries and directing people to information / the best people to speak to as appropriate;
- Processing leavers – including logging information on the HR Information System, preparing letters and liaising with security, IT and payroll as appropriate;
- Supporting recruitment activities happening within the designated client groups. This may include booking and arranging interviews, helping to shortlist, undertaking Safeguarding Interviews and, with more experience, being part of the interview process for certain roles;
- Supporting HR projects and undertaking own projects/tasks where relevant;
- Continually looking for ways to improve and standardise what we do, recommending areas of opportunity and proposing solutions – from letters, policies and processes to evolving our staff structures;
- Supporting the team with other tasks as necessary to facilitate to smooth running of the department.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Previous experience working in a busy administrative position and juggling competing priorities;
- Previous experience of working in an HR team;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel;
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Good numeracy skills;
- A basic knowledge of UK employment law (including immigration and right to work requirements);
- Previous experience of working with an HR Information System would be highly advantageous;
- Previous line management or mentoring experience would be desirable.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are committed to creating and sustaining an environment that values and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.