Eton College have an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced candidate to join our Security team as a Security Receptionist.
Security Reception is often the first point of call for visitors to Eton College. You will have an approachable, friendly and polite manner when dealing with all staff, parents, pupils and visitors. This is primarily an administrative, customer facing, reception role with the operation of security and visitor management IT systems.
- Deliver front of house reception services with excellent customer service
- Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of organisation
- Direct incoming telephone calls and ensure all queries are dealt with or directed to the relevant person
- Monitor and maintain office equipment
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable
- Ensure the Colleges’ Visitor and Safeguarding polices are adhered to
- Maintaining a close relationship with Human Resources and Porters’ Lodge in respect of visitor identification, security checks and required clearance levels
- Commitment to equality, diversity & inclusion
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- Experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representation or similar role
- Strong IT skills with sound working knowledge of Microsoft office programs
- Strong customer service and inter-personal skills (written and verbal)
- Exercise tact and diplomacy when needed
- Enthusiastic, methodical with attention to detail
- Ability to manage workload, prioritise and manage time
- Adaptable and flexible
- Administrative skills
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Have a resourceful and proactive approach
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are committed to creating and sustaining an environment that values and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.