Secretary for Counselling Services
- Ensure the smooth operation of the appointments system. This will involve making the initial appointments and ensuring appropriate follow up.
- Act as the receptionist in the unit and be the initial point for telephone and e-mail enquiries.
- Provide a full secretarial service for the psychiatrist and psychologists. This will involve handling sensitive and confidential information; the post holder will be restricted by the rules of medical confidentiality.
- Initiate and record the results of boy and staff surveys using on-line mechanisms.
- Ensure that the unit’s electronic and paper records are kept securely and efficiently.
- Other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Senior Psychiatrist.
- Commitment to equality, diversity & inclusion
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), a cycle to work scheme and free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to transcribe accurately
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills particularly with vulnerable adolescents
- Flexible proactive approach
- Ability to prioritise and manage high workload
- High degree of confidentiality
- Tactful and discreet
- Highly motivated
- Strong team player
We are looking to recruit a Secretary/Receptionist to provide a full secretarial service for the Psychological Services department. Working within a small team and reporting directly to the Senior Psychiatrist, you will have relevant secretarial experience and good organisational skills. You will be responsible for maintaining the appointments system, being first point of contact for telephone/email enquiries and producing accurate letters and documentation. You will have strong IT skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.