School Office Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority in a welcoming manner, ensuring they are directed to the appropriate person
- Proactive management of incoming communications including emails, post, telephone enquiries.
- Responding to all queries within a timely manner, escalating to the appropriate person where necessary
- Help and advice with the use of the franking machine, ensuring it is sufficiently topped up at all times and franking post when necessary
- Undertake training in the use of copying machines in Duplicating Office
- Maintain all office systems including accurate data management and reliable and efficient filing
- Ordering and maintaining stationery levels and alerting Deputy School Office Manager when levels are low.
- Supporting the team with other tasks as necessary to facilitate the smooth running of the department.
- Undertake any other duties reasonably requested by the School Office Manager
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), a cycle to work scheme and free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities.
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and Competencies Required
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Good organisational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good literacy skills
- Good telephone manner
- Friendly and courteous
- Problem solving skills
- The ability to work effectively with others
- A calm and confident manner
- Integrity, honesty and reliability
- Confidentiality, discretion, tact and empathy
- A good sense of humour
We are seeking to appoint a School Office Assistant (Maternity Cover) to provide administrative and office support to the School Office Manager.
This role is for 42 weeks per year, working 41.5 hours per week, 8.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday - you will be required to work 8 Saturdays per year from 8.00am-1.00pm.
This is a fixed term position providing maternity cover until the current post holder returns to work after maternity leave. The College are unable to guarantee exactly how long the contract will continue for, however this is unlikely to be any later than April 2021.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.