- Supporting the Recruitment Manager to write engaging and attractive job adverts and recruitment information packs.
- Placing adverts in locations which will generate the best responses – for instance this may include the school’s careers site, online job boards, local media, social media platforms etc.
- Working with the Recruitment Manager to proactively source candidates, for example using job boards, social media, and professional networks.
- Supporting Hiring Managers to screen and sift applications against pre-defined criteria, and conducting ‘first stage’ screening where relevant.
- Booking and arranging interviews with candidates and Hiring Managers.
- Playing a role in the interview process. NB your involvement will vary depending on the requirements of the role and needs of the Hiring Manager.
- Conducting Safeguarding Interviews as required.
- Making offers to candidates and turning down applicants, ensuring that helpful feedback is provided and the candidate experience is at the forefront of the process.
- Using the school’s recruitment software (Tribepad), ensuring that all information within the system is up to date and accurate.
- Helping the Recruitment Manager to develop the school’s careers micro-site and keep information on the site up to date.
- Liaising with recruitment and employment agencies (such as Abacus) regularly and developing strong relationships with their teams, ensuring that they comply with school requirements before any individuals start temporary or permanent work with the school.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), a cycle to work scheme and free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Previous experience working in a busy administrative position and juggling competing priorities.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Previous experience of working in a recruitment or HR team and / or with an Applicant Tracking System would be highly advantageous.
- Experience of using Social Media tools - LinkedIn/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram is also desirable.
You may enjoy this role if:
- You have a ‘can-do’ attitude – you love getting stuck in and you’re not phased by a heavy volume of work and fast changing priorities.
- You’re a great communicator – you enjoy engaging with a variety of different people, you’ll always try to meet face to face or pick up the phone rather than email if you can.
- You’re flexible and have a keen eye for detail – you’ll have to juggle lots of competing tasks so you’ll enjoy having lots of different things on the go, and you’re able to organise your time and to prioritise your to do list so nothing slips through the cracks.
- You like building relationships – you’re able to develop strong, credible relationships with your internal Hiring Managers.
- You continually look for ways to improve systems and processes – we’re keen to evolve and keep improving what we do, so you’ll continually question the status quo and actively search for ways we can be more efficient and effective.
- You enjoy working in a team – we’re a small team and we enjoy spending time together. We support each other as much as we can meaning we get involved in lots of different tasks, you’ll be keen to operate in the same way we do, and you’ll volunteer to get involved in areas that are outside of your normal recruitment remit.
We are looking for a highly organised and motivated individual to join us as a Recruitment Coordinator. With excellent attention to detail, you will work within the Recruitment Team to support the delivery of the College's resourcing strategy.
You will use your excellent communication skills to build relationships with Hiring Managers and be involved in the coordination, implementation and delivery of a forward-thinking recruitment service, ensuring that talented people are attracted and selected efficiently and cost-effectively.
Interviews will be taking place on Thursday 28th November 2019.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.