Private Side Cleaner
A Private Side Cleaner provides general cleaning duties of House Master’s private accommodation in the Boarding House.
- General cleaning duties of House Master’s private accommodation (this may include ironing) - cleaning, washing/laundry, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, emptying of litter bins, polishing, dusting, cleaning bedrooms, toilets, bathrooms and shower areas if applicable;
- Answering the door in House Master’s absence;
- Must be prepared to undertake training in cleaning as directed;
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required;
- Any other duties reasonably requested;
- Commitment and promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion;
- All positions at Eton are classed as ‘regulated activity’ as per the Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 guidance, therefore a good understanding of safeguarding procedures is essential;
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including by not limited to, completing safeguarding training as required, and ensuring any safeguarding updates issued by the College are read and understood;
- Understand and comply with procedures and legislation relating to confidentiality.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should
- Have previous cleaning experience essential;
- Ensure confidentiality;
- Have good communication skills;
- Have the ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative;
- Have flexibility on hours.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including; an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme (where applicable), free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discount at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
We are an equal opportunities employer and are seeking applications from suitable candidates from all backgrounds. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining an environment that values individuality and difference and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils by fostering perseverance, tolerance and integrity. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
If you have any queries about the application process or any problem with submitting your application online, the Recruitment Team will be happy to help. Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to apply online, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com so we can make adjustments accordingly.
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including reference checks with past employers, an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and, where applicable, a Barred List, Prohibition and EEA checks. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to complete a DBS Disclosure Application Form. Any information disclosed will be handled in accordance with any guidance and/or Code of Practice published by the DBS. The College is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered as “spent” under the Act) must be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. It is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children to attempt to apply for a position at the College.