PA to the Director of Development
- Provide full PA support to the Director of Development, including diary management, arranging meetings and relevant logistics, managing email inboxes and post, helping the Director to prepare for meetings and undertaking general administrative tasks as required.
- Provide diary management and some administrative support as appropriate to the Development Operations Director and the Campaigns Director.
- Provide administrative support to the various volunteer committees, including the preparation of papers in advance, attending and taking accurate minutes during the meetings and circulating minutes in a timely fashion after the meetings. These meetings may happen both onsite and offsite where appropriate.
- Arrange and oversee the Development Team’s travel arrangements, which include both overseas and UK based travel.
- Work with the Development and Campaign Directors as appropriate to provide administrative assistance for fundraising activity, which could include proposal writing, follow up from meetings, management of small-scale events, research, and preparation of meeting information packs.
- Work with the Development Operations Director and Stewardship Deputy Director to produce e-marketing collateral using DotMailer.
- Undertake other tasks and projects as required to facilitate the smooth running of the team.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), a cycle to work scheme and free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant experience in a PA role, ideally supporting a senior level employee or a senior management team.
- Experience in taking minutes and producing board papers for meetings.
- Previous experience using MS Office and ideally a CRM system or database (ThankQ would be ideal).
- The ability to manage multiple tasks, people, and deadlines.
- Excellent organisation skills, with high levels of attention to detail and accuracy.
- The desire to work in a busy environment where priorities can be changeable and fluid.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – with the ability to prepare professional correspondence and reports and deal with a variety of people over the telephone.
- The ability to build relationships.
- High level of initiative – the incumbent should be a self-starter who is able to, and enjoys, anticipating needs and spotting opportunities.
- Discretion, tact, and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
The PA to the Director of Development is an integral part of the Development team. Reporting to the Director of Development the role provides full PA support to the Director of Development and, where appropriate, diary management and general administrative support to the Campaign Director and the Development Operations Director.
The role also works closely with the rest of the Development Team, the Provost’s office and the Head Master’s team, and with the extended Eton Community, namely Old Etonians (OE’s), Parents, Past Parents and Friends.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.