Multi Skilled Tradesperson
We are seeking to appoint a Multi Skilled Tradesperson to carry out a variety of day-to-day trade works in the College’s 430 buildings which are both of a historic and modern construction. They will deliver day-to-day maintenance and minor works efficiently and economically, working both on their own and as part of a team.
This is a 52 week per year role, working full time 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
- Be able to carry out glazing repairs and installation of secondary glazing
- Carry out small to medium sized painting works
- Completing all work issued to the required standard of quality and to agreed timescales
- Easing, hanging and repairing doors
- Removing, repairing and renewing door frames, architraves and jambs
- Removing, repairing, fitting and adjusting all door cupboards
- Easing, hanging and repairing wooden casement windows and sills
- Renewing and repairing floors, skirting boards and staircases
- Miscellaneous jobs, including fitting fascia boards, framing and panelling
- Brick repairs to both internal and external walls using appropriate material
- Plaster repairs and patch plastering to internal walls
- Wall tiling, both new and repairs
- Accurate completion of timesheets and similar records
- Keep accurate training records/diary
- Be responsible for the obligations placed on an employee under the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act 1974’ with respect to building operatives
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- Relevant trade background and experience and a general knowledge of other trades, this will ideally be supported with a relevant trade qualification
- Experience of maintenance work and jobbing repairs
- The ability to work effectively within a team and communicate appropriately with a variety of College staff
- A valid driving licence
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are committed to creating and sustaining an environment that values and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.