Lower Master's Office Assistant
The Lower Master’s Office Assistant is a key part of the Lower Master’s Office and works closely with the Assistant to the Lower Master and the Office and Events Manager, to ensure the duties of the Lower Master’s Office are discharged in a timely and effective manner. As Office Assistant you will undertake a wide variety of tasks, however you will be primarily responsible for undertaking general administrative duties and operating as a receptionist within the New Schools building.
- Manning the reception area, meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority, ensuring that the College presents a professional and welcoming face to everyone;
- Undertaking general office administration, such as sorting post, filing (both electronically and paper-based), typing letters, managing emails, taking notes, answering telephones, ordering stationery etc.;
- Collating information for the timely and accurate production of the College diary (“ Fixtures”), and overseeing its production;
- Assisting in the approval and overseeing the publication of diary and sports entries in SOCS;
- Producing the agenda and minutes for the School Diary Committee;
- Supporting the Office and Events Manager with the proactive management and delivery of events within the College. This may include, but is not limited to: timely production and distribution of invitations, collating and acknowledging responses, organising logistics, co-ordinating transport and car parking, dealing with suppliers, and supporting at the events themselves;
- Assisting Masters and the Office & Events Manager with the organisation and communication of school trips;
- Providing advice and guidance to event participants, speakers, guests and staff on relevant processes and procedures;
- Timely completion of Entertainment and Gift Returns to Finance;
- Arranging and booking venues for meetings and assemblies;
- Developing strong networks, both internally and externally, with key stakeholders;
- Undertaking any administrative tasks as required by the Office & Events Manager or in support of the Assistant to the Lower Master;
- Undertaking any reasonable duties as required to facilitate the smooth running of the Lower Master’s Office;
- Commitment to equality, diversity & inclusion;
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Prior experience in a busy, administrative role;
- Exceptional organisational skills combined with attention to detail so that you’re able to make sure that nothing ‘slips through the cracks’;
- A flexible, positive and proactive approach to your work and those around you, and the ability to multitask and manage competing priorities;
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, and to quickly develop relationships and effective networks with key stakeholders;
- A strong customer focus and the desire to go ‘above and beyond’ to ensure that your events are as successful as possible.
Previous experience of working in an academic environment is desirable but not essential, as is a graduate degree.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are committed to creating and sustaining an environment that values and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
**Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the recruitment process for these roles may take longer than usual. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.**