Live In Cover Dame
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To spend time in the Houses on a rotational basis, or as necessary providing additional help, usually on the Dame’s Assistant’s day off.
- To provide administration support to the Dames if required.
- If Dame is absent and the House needs full cover, to assume the role of Dame in that House, with additional pay for this period.
- When supporting a House in the Dame’s absence, to work with the Housemaster and Dame’s Assistant to ensure that there is robust cover in place.
- Co-ordinating provision of cover between houses as required.
- Administering and updating the Dames day off schedule.
Please see attached document for full responsibilities.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), a cycle to work scheme and free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- Nationally recognised First Aid qualification or willingness to obtain one shortly after appointment
- Experience of pastoral care for children and young adults
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy
- Proven experience in undertaking administrative duties including the use of MS Office
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience in communicating with staff at all levels
- Excellent communication skills at all levels including staff, pupils and parents
- Ability to work the flexible working pattern of the role
- Friendly, approachable attitude
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills
Desirable Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- NVQ Level 2 Health and Social Care or equivalent
- Current UK driving licence
- Professional Practice in Boarding Schools Certificate
- Experience of a boarding school environment
- Awareness of the Children’s Act and Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Catering knowledge/experience
At Eton, the Dames look after the welfare of all the boys in a Boarding House, ensuring that the House runs smoothly, and managing the domestic staff team. They are assisted with this by a Dame's Assistant. There can be occasions when additional cover is needed and so we are looking for a highly efficient, organised, and caring person to join us as a Live In Cover Dame, working across all of the Boarding Houses, and standing in for Dames as necessary.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.