Live In Cover Dame
At Eton, the Dames look after the welfare of all the boys in a Boarding House, ensuring that the House runs smoothly, and managing the domestic staff team. They are assisted with this by a Dame's Assistant. There can be occasions when additional cover is needed and so we are looking for a highly efficient, organised, and caring person to join us as a Live In Cover Dame, working across all of the Boarding Houses, and standing in for Dames as necessary.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To spend time in the Houses on a rotational basis, or as necessary providing additional help, usually on the Dame’s Assistant’s day off.
- To provide administration support to the Dames if required.
- If Dame is absent and the House needs full cover, to assume the role of Dame in that House, with additional pay for this period.
- When supporting a House in the Dame’s absence, to work with the Housemaster and Dame’s Assistant to ensure that there is robust cover in place.
- Co-ordinating provision of cover between houses as required.
- Administering and updating the Dames day off schedule.
Please see attached document for full responsibilities.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- Nationally recognised First Aid qualification or willingness to obtain one shortly after appointment
- Experience of pastoral care for children and young adults
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy
- Proven experience in undertaking administrative duties including the use of MS Office
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience in communicating with staff at all levels
- Excellent communication skills at all levels including staff, pupils and parents
- Ability to work the flexible working pattern of the role
- Friendly, approachable attitude
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills
Desirable Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- NVQ Level 2 Health and Social Care or equivalent
- Current UK driving licence
- Professional Practice in Boarding Schools Certificate
- Experience of a boarding school environment
- Awareness of the Children’s Act and Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Catering knowledge/experience
Please note interviews and selection for this role will be held in September, therefore you will be contacted nearer to this time if your application has been successful.