As a Laundry Supervisor you are responsible for supervising the work of 23 Laundry Assistants. Your role is to make sure the Laundry is processed to the required standards within the given timeframe. You will also provide training and guidance for your team.
Due to the needs of the school and the department, we may interview suitable candidates before the closing date. This job may also close early if a large number of applications are received. You are advised to submit your application as early as possible to avoid missing your chance to apply.
- Supervising your team of Laundry staff working in different sections of the Laundry;
- Undertaking work on different units within the Laundry at busy times;
- Training and inducting new team members to ensure that they are able to effectively perform in their roles and deliver exceptional customer service to the houses;
- Ensuring that team members receive and keep up to date with safeguarding training;
- Undertaking annual performance appraisals, giving constructive feedback and identifying development opportunities;
- Building and maintaining a motivated and positive team who provide an excellent Laundry service;
- To ensure that Laundry staff are aware of: potential hazards to health from the materials they use, COSSH Regulations, first aid procedures, manual handling and any other statutory regulations that apply;
- To answer the door/phone and deal with enquiries from Dames and boys where possible;
- Monitoring the quality of work leaving the Laundry;
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as required;
- Commitment to and promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion;
- All positions at Eton are classed as ‘regulated activity’ as per the Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023 guidance, therefore a good understanding of safeguarding procedures is essential;
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including but not limited to, completing safeguarding training as required, and ensuring any safeguarding updates issued by the College are read and understood;
- Understand and comply with procedures and legislation relating to confidentiality.
You will be working 49.6 weeks per year (You will be paid over 12 months).
This will be made up of:
- 31 Weeks per annum at 40 hours during term time (Monday-Friday from 8am to 4.30pm)
- 7 Weeks per annum at 39 hours (Monday-Thursday 8am – 4.30pm and Friday 8am-3.30pm)
- 6 weeks per annum at 27.5 hours during summer holidays (Monday – Friday 8am – 2pm).
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should:
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- Prior line management or supervisory experience;
- Previous experience working in Laundry;
- Demonstrate knowledge of health and safety compliance inclusive of COSHH.
You may enjoy this role, if you have:
- A positive, can do attitude;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team;
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and to use your own initiative;
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
We are an equal opportunities employer and are seeking applications from suitable candidates from all backgrounds. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining an environment that values individuality and difference and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils by fostering perseverance, tolerance and integrity. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
If you have any queries about the application process or any problem with submitting your application online, the Recruitment Team will be happy to help. Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to apply online, please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make adjustments accordingly.
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including, but not limited to, reference checks with past employers, an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (including Barred List information), an online search and, where applicable, Prohibition checks. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to complete a DBS Disclosure Application Form. Any information disclosed will be handled in accordance with any guidance and/or Code of Practice published by the DBS. The College is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered as “spent” under the Act) must be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. It is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children to attempt to apply for a position at the College.