- Assist the tradesman to carry out work in the College properties to a required standard of quality
- Carry out removal works , setting up rooms and moving equipment
- Carry out labouring duties both in the workshop and in the College properties
- Carry out van driving duties.
- Completion of timesheets and similar records
- To be responsible for the obligations placed on an employee under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 with respect to building operatives.
- Assisting other trades within the post holder’s competence and experience. Carry out such duties as required by management.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), a cycle to work scheme and free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant experience of labouring work
- General knowledge of building trades
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Good sense of initiative
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person to join us as a Labourer. You will have a good knowledge of all building trades and will carry out labouring duties both in the workshop and in College buildings.
You will be friendly and personable and able to work as part of a team, assisting tradesmen to carry out work in the College properties to a required standard.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.