Supporting the Buildings department in routine maintenance of the College’s buildings and facilities. Working with members of the team and other departmental staff to ensure that works are carried out to the required standard of quality.
- Assist the tradesperson to carry out work in the College properties to a required standard;
- Carry out removal works, setting up rooms and moving equipment;
- Carry out labouring duties both in the workshop and in the College properties;
- Carry out van driving duties;
- Completion of timesheets and similar records to show completed work;
- Adhere to current health and safety legislation and best practice in accordance with the College Health and Safety policy statement
- Ensure own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your own actions. Employees must follow instructions and co-operate at all times with their line manager to enable the College to meet its legal responsibilities. Employees must stop work if the nature of the situation involves risk of serious injury to any person and must report and hazardous situation or defective equipment to their line manager without delay
- Assist other trades within the post holder’s competence and experience.
- Carry out such duties as required by management
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post
- Commitment to equality, diversity & inclusion
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- Relevant experience of labouring work
- A valid UK driving licence
- General knowledge of building trades
- The ability to work effectively within a team and communicate appropriately with a variety of College staff
- Good sense of initiative
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
We are an equal opportunities employer and are seeking applications from suitable candidates from all backgrounds. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining an environment that values individuality and difference and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils by fostering perseverance, tolerance and integrity. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to complete a DBS Disclosure Application Form. Any information disclosed will be handled in accordance with any guidance and/or Code of Practice published by the DBS. The College is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered as “spent” under the Act) must be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. It is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children to attempt to apply for a position at the College.