We are looking for a Kitchen Porter to provide a cleaning and porter service to the Bekynton Central Dining Facility whilst maintaining correct levels of hygiene and Health & Safety.
- To clean allocated pieces of heavy catering equipment using instructions and cleaning materials.
- To dispose of waste materials from catering areas to designated collection points.
- To operate industrial dishwashers and undertake manual washing up in all catering areas.
- To operate mechanical floor scrubbing and steam cleaning equipment.
- To transport provisions, equipment and other catering items as required.
- To maintain clean working environment at all times, whilst maintaining correct levels of Health and Safety.
- To undertake food preparation when required and to ensure that all food is prepared in the environment with due care and attention (customers’ special dietary requirements for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies).
- To assist, as required, at special functions, some of which may occur outside normal working hours, for which you will be paid overtime.
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities.
- To attend meetings and courses as required.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in the role, the postholder should have:
- General kitchen experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customers and staff
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to maintain high standards of cleanliness
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible