Kitchen Assistant / Domestic Cleaner (Part-Time, Term-Time)
The Kitchen Assistant / Domestic Cleaner is a dual role and the person will be responsible for assisting the Health Centre Cook with the daily preparation of food, serving meals, cleaning and tidying in the kitchen with the addition of cleaning and keeping tidy designated areas within the Health Centre to ensure that all inpatients are cared for in a safe and hygienic environment.
- Helping to maintain the high standard of food hygiene principals and general housekeeping in the kitchen
- Assisting the Cook with food preparation of both lunch and supper
- Taking meal trays to inpatients and washing dishes, utensils and crockery ready for next use.
- Cleaning, mopping, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, polishing, dusting of all fixtures and fittings of the designated areas within the health centre, including toilets
- Using where appropriate the correct powered equipment for vacuuming, shampooing, scrubbing & polishing of floor areas
- Ensuring that all duties are carried out with hygiene and infection control in mind
- To perform other such duties as may be reasonably requested by the Senior Nurse Manager to ensure the safe and effective operation of the Health Centre
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in the role you should have:
- Previous experience of food preparation and/or cleaning in a work environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Understanding of COSHH regulations
- Food allergy awareness
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to achieve standards to performance criteria
- Careful, meticulous and dexterous
- Exceptionally high attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible approach to role
- Amenable and courteous
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are committed to creating and sustaining an environment that values and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.