IT Support Technician
The IT Department provides all the Eton College’s information and communications technology services for over 2,000 users, both inside and outside of the classroom. You will report directly to the IT Service Delivery Manager, and will need to provide IT support across the college, such as resolving support requests on computer hardware, software and network systems. The successful candidate will need to have excellent customer service skills and some experience working within IT support or a helpdesk environment. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with a passion and aptitude for information technology to work for a prestigious and forward-thinking independent school.
Due to the needs of the school and the department, we may interview suitable candidates before the closing date. This job may also close early if a large number of applications are received. You are advised to submit your application as early as possible to avoid missing your chance to apply.
- To provide front line IT Helpdesk support providing ICT help to Eton staff and pupils
- Hardware and software support of school devices, including Microsoft and Apple computers, printers, telephones and network equipment
- Fault diagnosis and repairs to a wide range of end-user devices
- User support for standard software packages and bespoke systems
- Use of computerised Helpdesk facility and management of calls from inception to conclusion
- Call management of own calls and cover if required for other calls
- Routing calls to the right person to complete the task
- Escalating appropriate calls to the right person to resolve a problematic issue
- The movement of items such as PCs, monitors and larger objects where required, whilst adhering to health and safety and manual handling guidelines
- Commitment and promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion;
- All positions at Eton are classed as ‘regulated activity’ as per the Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 guidance, therefore a good understanding of safeguarding procedures is essential;
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including by not limited to, completing safeguarding training as required, and ensuring any safeguarding updates issued by the College are read and understood;
- Understand and comply with procedures and legislation relating to confidentiality.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- At least one-year IT Support and Helpdesk experience with the ability to demonstrate all round knowledge of IT support;
- Microsoft Office support, Version 2010 upwards;
- Microsoft and Apple operating system support;
- Mobile device support, including iOS, Android;
- Excellent customer service skills and a friendly and helpful manner;
- A demonstrable aptitude and enthusiasm for information and communications technology;
- Confidence and willingness to learn;
- Good communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including; an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme (where applicable), free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discount at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
We are an equal opportunities employer and are seeking applications from suitable candidates from all backgrounds. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining an environment that values individuality and difference and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils by fostering perseverance, tolerance and integrity. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
If you have any queries about the application process or any problem with submitting your application online, the Recruitment Team will be happy to help. Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to apply online, please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make adjustments accordingly.
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including reference checks with past employers, an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and, where applicable, a Barred List, Prohibition and EEA checks. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to complete a DBS Disclosure Application Form. Any information disclosed will be handled in accordance with any guidance and/or Code of Practice published by the DBS. The College is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered as “spent” under the Act) must be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. It is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children to attempt to apply for a position at the College.