We are looking for a full-time Hospitality Assistant to assist the Hospitality Team in the preparation for and service to, all functions and events within and from Bekynton, the College’s central dining facility.
- Prepare the crockery, cutlery, glassware and linen in readiness for events;
- To set up locations of events to the expected standard and as directed by the Hospitality Manager/Supervisor;
- To clear locations after events and complete set-down according to site requirements and standards;
- To deliver unparalleled customer service of the highest standards at all times, with excellent attention to detail;
- To undertake bar duties;
- To have excellent personal presentation and wear the correct uniform as directed;
- To maintain the vehicles used for hospitality delivery in good condition and cleaned after use;
- To maintain hospitality equipment in good order;
- To adhere to company and site procedures in regards to Health and Safety and Food Safety which may include temperature checks, food labelling and dating, cleaning schedules and allergen regulations at all times and ensure that all records of such are kept;
- To ensure you maintain your work area to a clean, hygienic and tidy standard at all times;
- To identify any hazards and report to the senior manager on duty;
- To ensure stock is controlled and rotated;
- Undertake training and development relevant to the role;
- To assist with sports teas and pack up preparation and deliveries;
- Commitment and promotion of equality, diversity & inclusion;
- All positions at Eton are classed as ‘regulated activity’ as per the Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 guidance, therefore a good understanding of safeguarding procedures is essential;
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including by not limited to, completing safeguarding training as required, and ensuring any safeguarding updates issued by the College are read and understood;
- Understand and comply with procedures and legislation relating to confidentiality.
- To transport all of the above and food and beverages to the desired locations; To ensure the location of the event is ready and clean
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- Valid UK Driving Licence;
- Experience in a similar high profile / high expectation environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers,clients and staff;
- Pride taken in work and service excellence;
- Ability to achieve performance criteria;
- Positive approach to learning in role with self-motivation;
- Ability to multi-task and be organised;
- Good time management;
- Attention to detail;
- Literate and numerate;
- Ability to work effectively on your own or as part of a team;
- Flexible approach to role and demands of the business in terms of working hour/shifts patterns;
- Previous experience of waitressing is desirable;
- Good knowledge of food and beverages including wines and beers would be advantageous but not essential.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including; an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discount at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
We are an equal opportunities employer and are seeking applications from suitable candidates from all backgrounds. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining an environment that values individuality and difference and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils by fostering perseverance, tolerance and integrity. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
If you have any queries about the application process or any problem with submitting your application online, the Recruitment Team will be happy to help. Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to apply online, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com so we can make adjustments accordingly.
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to complete a DBS Disclosure Application Form. Any information disclosed will be handled in accordance with any guidance and/or Code of Practice published by the DBS. The College is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered as “spent” under the Act) must be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. It is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children to attempt to apply for a position at the College.