Health Centre Domestic Assistant
• Cleaning, washing, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, emptying of litter bins, polishing, dusting of all fixtures and fittings of the designated areas within the health centre, including toilets, bathrooms and shower areas.
• Using where appropriate the correct powered equipment for vacuuming, shampooing, scrubbing & polishing of floor areas.
• Ensuring that all inpatients have their breakfast trays cleared away during the morning in a timely manner.
• Cleaning dishes, utensils and crockery used for breakfast and ensuring that it is ready for use again.
• Ensuring that all beds are made, and that laundry is carried out appropriately and regularly.
• Ensuring that all duties are carried out with hygiene and infection control in mind.
• To perform other such duties as may be reason ably requested by the Senior Nurse Manager to ensure the safe and effective operation of the Health Centre.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), a cycle to work scheme and free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in the role you should have:
• Literate & Numerate
• Previous experience of cleaning in a work environment
• Good time management and organisational skills
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to achieve standards to performance criteria
• Careful, meticulous and dexterous
• Exceptionally high attention to detail
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Flexible approach to role
• Amenable and courteous
We are looking for a hardworking and caring person to join us as a Domestic Assistant in our Health Centre. You will ensure that all inpatients are cared for in a safe and hygienic environment, and are catered for during their stay.
You will have high attention to detail, and be able to manage your time well. Working in the Health Centre, you will be personable and able to engage with a wide range of people.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.