Gardens Estate Worker
We are looking for a Gardens Estate Worker who will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of hedges, fences, sheds, soft and hard landscaping. You will work under the control of the Head Gardener and will be required to work to an extremely high standard. The ideal candidate will have general knowledge of horticulture and fencing and will have previous experience within a similar role.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintenance and repairs of allocated tasks (Pinks)
- Maintaining and replacing College fences
- Shed removal and installation
- Soft and hard landscaping
- Trees and hedge maintenance
- The safe use and operation of equipment and machinery used in horticultural maintenance
- To adhere to current health and safety legislation and best practice in accordance with the college health and safety policy statement
- To ensure own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your own actions. Employees must follow instructions and co-operate at all times with their line manager to enable Eton College to meet its legal responsibilities. Employees must stop work if the nature of the situation involves risk of serious injury to any person and must report and hazardous situation or defective equipment to their line manager without delay
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post
- Commitment to equality, diversity & inclusion
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and Competencies Required
- Relevant qualifications and or experience to do the job competently
- General knowledge of Horticulture
- General knowledge and experience in fencing
- The ability to use their own initiative to identify and fix problems
- NPTC tractor driving certificate would be desirable
- NPTC PA1 and PA6 spraying certificate would be desirable
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are committed to creating and sustaining an environment that values and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.