- Day to day cultivation and maintenance of the garden or delivery of relevant support services to achieve agreed objectives
- Maintenance of allocated areas of the garden/relevant support service
- Carry out specific projects as directed
- Maintaining and replacing College fences
- The safe use and operation of equipment and machinery used in Horticultural maintenance.
- To adhere to current Health and Safety legislation and best practice in accordance with the Colleges Health and Safety Policy Statement.
- To ensure own safety, and the safety of others who may be affected by your actions. Employees must follow instructions and co-operate at all times with their line manager to enable Eton College to meet its legal responsibilities. Employees must stop work if the nature of the situation involves risk of serious injury to any person and must report any hazardous situation or defective equipment to their line manager without delay
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), a cycle to work scheme and free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities.
The Ideal Candidate
Relevant qualifications and experience to do the job competently:
- General knowledge of horticulture and fencing or relevant garden support service
- Complete Induction training during first year equivalent to National/Scottish Vocational Qualification Level 1 Amenity Horticulture. At least 2 GCSEs at grade C and above are the normal requirement for undertaking formal qualifications.
- Experience of fencing work
- NPTC Tractor Driving Certificate would be desirable
We are looking for a Gardener who will be responsible for the cultivation and maintenance of areas, including fences and soft and hard landscaping of Eton College, to an exceptionally high standard. They will contribute towards the delivery of garden plans and programmes of work under the control of the Head Gardener. The ideal candidate will have general knowledge of horticulture and fencing as well as previous experience within a similar role.
This is a year round post working 37.5 hours per week.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.