EtonX Platform Lead
The EtonX Platform Lead is responsible for all in-house technical aspects of the EtonX Moodle platform as well as the etonx.com website Courses are built on the Moodle platform which is hosted and maintained by Accipio. The etonx.com website is built on Wordpress and is hosted/maintained by 438. The post-holder will also assist the EtonX Operations Lead with end-user support, and producing course analytics to measure uptake, engagement, and impact. They will become an in-house expert on all technical aspects of platform implementation and functionality. They will also assist the Head of EtonX Content with course content creation processes, which may include video editing or interactive content development using tools such as Articulate Storyline.
The postholder will be a part of our growing digital education team but will need to be a self-starter who is able to think on their feet, adapt as the platform and course catalogue evolves, and be proactive in offering suggestions and finding solutions.
EtonX courses are available for free to state sector schools across the UK, with a focus on schools in Middlesbrough, Dudley and Oldham.
Due to the needs of the school and the department, we may interview suitable candidates before the closing date. This job may also close early if a large number of applications are received. You are advised to submit your application as early as possible to avoid missing your chance to apply.
- Find and implement solutions to technical issues as they arise;
- Act as main point of contact to suppliers for any tickets, technical updates, and enhancements;
- Oversee learning platform privileges and lead a proactive approach to cyber security;
- Maintain EtonX platform policies (terms and conditions, privacy, data retention etc.);
- Develop strategies to enhance the user experience and facilitate platform administration;
- Support the Head of EtonX Content in the creation, updating and checking of learning activities, including video editing or interactive content development using tools such as Articulate Storyline.
- Support the Digital Education team with other tasks as necessary to facilitate the smooth running of the department;
- Liaise closely with the Partnerships team and the Summer Schools team in order to support their respective responsibilities and goals;
- Undertake any other duties reasonably requested by the Director of Digital Education;
- Where required, undertake regulated activity, such as unsupervised contact with students, ensuring that safeguarding procedures are followed and providing safe and effective care at all times;
- Good understanding and effective implementation of Child Protection procedures;
- Commitment and promotion of equality, diversity & inclusion;
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students, including by not limited to, completing safeguarding training as required, and ensuring any safeguarding updates issued by the College are read and understood;
- Understand and comply with procedures and legislation relating to confidentiality.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- Demonstrable experience in an IT operations or support role;
- Experience of complex IT systems/platforms (education platform or Moodle experience an advantage);
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to liaise with a wide variety of people;
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure & to deadlines within a small but dedicated team;
- A willingness to learn;
- Ability to be proactive as well as organise and prioritise workload;
- Friendly and courteous;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Integrity, honesty and reliability;
- Confidentiality, discretion, tact and empathy.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including; an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme (where applicable), free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discount at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
We are an equal opportunities employer and are seeking applications from suitable candidates from all backgrounds. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining an environment that values individuality and difference and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils by fostering perseverance, tolerance and integrity. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
If you have any queries about the application process or any problem with submitting your application online, the Recruitment Team will be happy to help. Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to apply online, please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make adjustments accordingly.
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including reference checks with past employers, an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and, where applicable, a Barred List, Prohibition and EEA checks. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to complete a DBS Disclosure Application Form. Any information disclosed will be handled in accordance with any guidance and/or Code of Practice published by the DBS. The College is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered as “spent” under the Act) must be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. It is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children to attempt to apply for a position at the College.