EtonX Operations Lead
The EtonX Operations Lead is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the EtonX learning platform and for providing user support to ensure that our online content for use both in the Eton schoolroom and in our partner schools is implemented efficiently and makes the highest possible impact.
The postholder will be a part of our growing digital education team but will need to be a self-starter who is able to think on their feet, adapt as the platform and course catalogue evolves, and be proactive in offering suggestions and finding solutions.
Courses are built on the Moodle platform. EtonX courses are available for free to state sector schools across the UK, with a focus on schools in Middlesbrough, Dudley and Oldham.
Due to the needs of the school and the department, we may interview suitable candidates before the closing date. This job may also close early if a large number of applications are received. You are advised to submit your application as early as possible to avoid missing your chance to apply.
- Provide day-to-day learning platform support for students and teachers;
- Oversee efficient onboarding processes for schools, teachers, and students;
- Provide overall user management and maintain the HubSpot CRM;
- Track, analyse and report on learner progress and learner / teacher engagement;
- Develop strategies for increasing learning engagement;
- Support the Head of EtonX Content in the creation, updating and checking of learning activities;
- Support the Digital Education team with other tasks as necessary to facilitate the smooth running of the department;
- Liaise closely with the Partnerships team and the Summer Schools team in order to support their respective responsibilities and goals;
- Undertake any other duties reasonably requested by the Director of Digital Education;
- Commitment and promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion;
- All positions at Eton are classed as ‘regulated activity’ as per the Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 guidance, therefore a good understanding of safeguarding procedures is essential;
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including by not limited to, completing safeguarding training as required, and ensuring any safeguarding updates issued by the College are read and understood;
- Understand and comply with procedures and legislation relating to confidentiality.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- Demonstrable experience in a customer support role, ideally relating to a digital platform;
- A high level of experience and confidence with technology platforms;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to liaise with a wide variety of people;
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure & to deadlines within a small but dedicated team;
- A willingness to learn;
- Ability to be proactive as well as organise and prioritise workload;
- Good literacy skills;
- Good telephone manner;
- Friendly and courteous;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Integrity, honesty and reliability;
- Confidentiality, discretion, tact and empathy.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including; an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme (where applicable), free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discount at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
We are an equal opportunities employer and are seeking applications from suitable candidates from all backgrounds. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining an environment that values individuality and difference and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils by fostering perseverance, tolerance and integrity. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
If you have any queries about the application process or any problem with submitting your application online, the Recruitment Team will be happy to help. Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to apply online, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com so we can make adjustments accordingly.
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including reference checks with past employers, an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and, where applicable, a Barred List, Prohibition and EEA checks. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to complete a DBS Disclosure Application Form. Any information disclosed will be handled in accordance with any guidance and/or Code of Practice published by the DBS. The College is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered as “spent” under the Act) must be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. It is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children to attempt to apply for a position at the College.