To assist with day to day electrical works in the College’s 430 buildings which are a mixture of both historic and modern construction. You will deliver day-to-day maintenance, PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) and minor works efficiently and economically.
- Assist the Electrician carrying out electrical repair work in College properties to an acceptable standard
- Complete meter readings
- General labouring duties
- Measuring up for materials from internal stores
- Assisting other tradespeople as and when necessary
- Completion of worksheets and similar records to show completed work;
- Adhere to current health and safety legislation and best practice in accordance with the College Health and Safety policy statement
- Ensure own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your own actions. Employees must follow instructions and co-operate at all times with their line manager to enable the College to meet its legal responsibilities. Employees must stop work if the nature of the situation involves risk of serious injury to any person and must report and hazardous situation or defective equipment to their line manager without delay
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post
- Commitment to equality, diversity & inclusion
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- Relevant trade background and experience
- Previous experience of maintenance/repair work
- The ability to work effectively within a team and communicate appropriately with a variety of College staff
- A valid UK driving licence
- A general knowledge of other trades would be advantageous but not essential
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
We are an equal opportunities employer and are seeking applications from suitable candidates from all backgrounds. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining an environment that values individuality and difference and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils by fostering perseverance, tolerance and integrity. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to complete a DBS Disclosure Application Form. Any information disclosed will be handled in accordance with any guidance and/or Code of Practice published by the DBS. The College is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered as “spent” under the Act) must be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. It is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children to attempt to apply for a position at the College.