We are seeking to appoint an Electrician to carry out day-to-day electrical works in the College’s 430 buildings which are both of historic and modern construction. You will deliver day-to-day maintenance, PPM (Planned Preventive Maintenance) and minor works efficiently and economically.
- Carry out electrical repair work in the College properties to a safe and high standard;
- Conduct regular testing to ensure compliance e.g. fire systems, emergency light systems;
- Electrical maintenance and installation work;
- Be able to efficiently assess quantities of materials required to complete a task;
- Assist other Tradespeople as and when necessary;
- Carry out any other duties and ad hoc requirements as reasonably requested by your line manager;
- Accurate completion and timely submission of timesheets and similar records to show completed work;
- Adhere to current health and safety legislation and best practice in accordance with the College Health and Safety policy statement;
- Ensure your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your own actions. Employees must follow instructions and co-operate at all times with their line manager to enable the College to meet its legal responsibilities. Employees must stop work if the nature of the situation involves risk of serious injury to any person and must report and hazardous situation or defective equipment to their line manager without delay;
- Assist the Electrical team with on-call cover and emergency rota when required;
- Where required, undertake regulated activity, such as unsupervised contact with children, ensuring that safeguarding procedures are followed and providing safe and effective care at all times;
- Good understanding and effective implementation of Child Protection procedures;
- Commitment and promotion of equality, diversity & inclusion;
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including by not limited to, completing safeguarding training as required, and ensuring any safeguarding updates issued by the College are read and understood;
- Understand and comply with procedures and legislation relating to confidentiality.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- A recognised time served apprenticeship and/or relevant qualifications such as City & Guilds/NVQ Level 3, AM2 qualification, and have attained IET BS 7671 18th Edition Regulations;
- Relevant trade background with experience;
- Extensive experience of maintenance work, repairs and small installations;
- The ability to work effectively within a team and communicate appropriately with a variety of College staff;
- A valid UK driving licence;
- General knowledge of other trades would be advantageous but not essential.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including; an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme (where applicable), free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discount at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
We are an equal opportunities employer and are seeking applications from suitable candidates from all backgrounds. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining an environment that values individuality and difference and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils by fostering perseverance, tolerance and integrity. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
If you have any queries about the application process or any problem with submitting your application online, the Recruitment Team will be happy to help. Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to apply online, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com so we can make adjustments accordingly.
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including reference checks with past employers, an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and, where applicable, a Barred List, Prohibition and EEA checks. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to complete a DBS Disclosure Application Form. Any information disclosed will be handled in accordance with any guidance and/or Code of Practice published by the DBS. The College is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered as “spent” under the Act) must be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. It is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children to attempt to apply for a position at the College.