- Supervising the safe and secure operation of the gallery during Sunday opening hours
- Interacting positively with visitors of all ages
- Assisting with the creation and delivery of learning and interpretation materials
- Contributing to online engagement using the museum’s social media accounts
- Carrying out administrative and maintenance tasks around the gallery
In return, Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), free eyecare tests, a cycle to work scheme and free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- Responsible, organised, and proactive
- A good understanding of spoken and written English
- Operate as part of a team and able to work together with the Curator and other members of the College Collections team to oversee the Museum, its activities and its resources
- Able to interact with visitors and speak with clarity, confidence and enthusiasm about objects in the Museum
- Commitment to ethos of Eton College
- Sound IT skills including Microsoft Office
The Custodian will be required to assist the Curator and other staff in fulfilling their duties and responsibilities, and to welcome and interact enthusiastically with visitors of all ages. You will have the opportunity to create engagement materials for Sunday visitors and contribute to online engagement with the museum collections. You will be part of a team of three people covering the three museums each Sunday. The ability to operate some flexibility in working times and the ability to participate in particular events such as Family Learning Events would be an advantage.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Eton College is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.