The Cleaning Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the Central Cleaning staff & to clean designated areas within educational premises to ensure that they are kept in a clean and hygienic environment. Areas include, for example, Schoolrooms, Offices, Boarding Houses and Pavilions.
From time to time you may be required to help set up examination rooms (i.e. moving tables and chairs around the school) working as part of a team. There will be duties in our Central Cleaning stores sorting cleaning materials and getting them ready to be distributed around the School.
Please be advised that this position is Full-Time, all year round post working 40 hours per week (Monday - Friday).
- Supervise the work of cleaning staff in order to maintain and deliver a quality service according to set work schedules and procedures
- Control stock levels and issue all cleaning equipment and materials within budget limits
- Oversee the reporting of maintenance defects for furnishing, furniture, fittings, and the building fabric using the PINKS system
- Assist in implementing housekeeping policies to agreed standards
- Monitor and report on all staff absences and sickness to the Workforce planner
- Cleaning, washing, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, emptying of litter bins, polishing, dusting of all fixtures and fittings of the designated areas within the educational establishment, including toilets, bathrooms and shower areas if applicable
- Using where appropriate the correct powered equipment for vacuuming, shampooing, scrubbing & polishing of floor areas (training in use of equipment can be provided)
- The movement of items of furniture to enable efficient and effective cleaning
- All duties must be carried out to adhere to the Security, Health & Safety and Fire precautions policies including COSHH compliance.
- Ensure that all storerooms and equipment are kept clean, hygienic and maintained and that all chemicals and equipment are always locked away when not in use
- Ensure all cleaning staff follows the correct procedures for signing in/out of all keys
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Head of Housekeeping & Central Cleaning
- Duties may vary between term time and vacation time
- Liaise with the Head of Housekeeping and Workforce planner on a regular basis
- Must be prepared to undertake training in cleaning and supervisory skills as directed by the Head of Housekeeping
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent will need to have:
- Good levels of Literacy & Numeracy
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to follow cleaning schedules
- Capability to develop increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
- Ability to work effectively on your own or as part of a team and work at timed schedules
- Ability to achieve standards to performance criteria
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Sense of own initiative
- Flexible approach to role
- Amenable and courteous
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
Please refer to the attached Job Description & Person Specification for further details.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are committed to creating and sustaining an environment that values and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.