Cleaners/Housekeepers - Various hours available
We are currently looking for Cleaners/Housekeepers to join our team here at Eton College.
We have part time and full time hours available.
If you are interested and would like more information, please submit a CV or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cleaning boys rooms & common areas, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, dusting, wiping down surfaces and polishing; Cleaning showers, bathrooms and toilets, emptying bins.
- Stripping and making beds, sending bedsheets to the Laundry once per week.
- Moving small items of furniture and mattresses as required to enable efficient and effective cleaning; Using the appropriate powered equipment for tasks such as vacuuming, shampooing, scrubbing and polishing floors (training will be provided as required)
- Keeping up to date with the College’s Safeguarding and Child Protection procedures; Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is essential
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties to help facilitate the smooth running of the school
The Ideal Candidate
- Have a flexible approach to work and a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Great attention to detail and pride in your work
- Enjoy working as part of a team and happy to get stuck in and support your colleagues;
- Be able to work unsupervised and use your own initiative;
- Good verbal communication skills
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
We are an equal opportunities employer and are seeking applications from suitable candidates from all backgrounds. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining an environment that values individuality and difference and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils by fostering perseverance, tolerance and integrity. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to complete a DBS Disclosure Application Form. Any information disclosed will be handled in accordance with any guidance and/or Code of Practice published by the DBS. The College is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered as “spent” under the Act) must be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. It is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children to attempt to apply for a position at the College.