Cleaner (Maternity Cover)
- Cleaning, washing, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, emptying of litter bins, polishing, dusting of all fixtures and fittings of the designated areas within the educational establishment, including toilets, bathrooms and shower areas if applicable.
- Using where appropriate the correct powered equipment for vacuuming, shampooing, scrubbing & polishing of floor areas (training in use of equipment can be provided). Specialist cleaning knowledge is preferred.
- The movement of items of furniture to enable efficient and effective cleaning.
- Duties may vary between term time and vacation time
- All duties must be carried out to adhere to the Security, Health & Safety and Fire precautions policies including COSHH compliance.
- To perform other such duties as may be reasonably requested by the Cleaning Supervisor or Managers within the designated areas.
- Must have an interest in historic buildings and ideally have an understanding of the National Trust manual of maintenance of historic buildings.
- Must be prepared to undertake training in cleaning as directed.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Any other duties reasonably requested.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), a cycle to work scheme and free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Literate & Numerate
- Previous experience of cleaning in a work environment
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and take on responsibility.
- Ability to work effectively on own or as part of a team
- Ability to follow cleaning schedules.
- Appropriate skill & knowledge in application of chemicals for cleaning
- Understanding of COSHH regulations
- Ability to achieve standards to performance criteria.
- Careful, meticulous and dexterous
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Sense of own initiative
- Flexible approach to role
- Amenable and courteous
We are seeking to appoint a Cleaner (Maternity Cover).
They will be responsible, under the direction of the cleaning supervisor, for cleaning designated areas within educational premises to ensure that they are kept in a clean and hygienic environment. Areas include, for example, Boarding houses, Schoolrooms, Offices and Pavilions.
From time to time you may be required to help set up examination rooms (i.e. moving tables and chairs around the school) working as part of a team. There will be duties in our Central Cleaning stores sorting cleaning materials and getting them ready to be distributed around the School.
This is a fixed term position providing maternity cover until the current post holder returns to work after maternity leave. The College are unable to guarantee exactly how long the contract will continue for, however this is unlikely to be any later than January 2021.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Eton College is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.