We are looking for a driven and motivated individual, with a creative flair and passion for food, to join us as a Chef.
Working across all of our Boarding Houses, you will be responsible for producing nutritious, fresh, daily meals for house residents. You’ll be experienced in the kitchen and able to cook a variety of dishes according to your tried and tested recipes.
All our catering staff have access to fantastic training and development, and as a Chef, you’ll be no different. Working across all our Houses will give you a unique experience and your career progression at Eton will be encouraged.
In return for the dedicated work you’ll be doing, Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), a cycle to work scheme and free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Produce daily nutritious meals, using fresh ingredients, including breakfast, mid-morning snacks, lunch and supper
- To display a good understanding of quantities when producing for both large scale and hospitality numbers
- To demonstrate a thorough understanding of all kitchen equipment
- To prepare food as per menu and include any special dietary requirements
- To ensure that all food is presented to the highest standard
- To cover duties when necessary, to include sick cover at short notice at any of the college catering areas
- To demonstrate a positive working style with an enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude
- To work in compliance with the Food Safety Management System and Health & Safety Policy
- To correctly complete and use cleaning schedules to ensure that the kitchen and ancillary areas are kept to a very high standard of cleanliness
- Ensure good communication across the kitchen and other areas of the house
- To undertake regular training as given to keep up to date with both legislative, catering trends and innovation
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- Previous experience working as a chef and/or a recognized Catering Qualification
- Experience using fresh produce
- Team player with the ability to be flexible
- Good communication skills
- An ability to work unsupervised and to use own initiative
- Ability to work calmly whilst under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- General interest in/passion for good food and taking pride in the food that is produced.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Eton College is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.