Chef de Partie
To ensure the prompt and efficient preparation of all meals to the College’s standard according to the service level agreements and client’s satisfaction. Maintaining the correct standards for food safety and health in accordance to regulations. Duties will include providing a high standard of food for Eton pupils and Academics with the additional high standard hospitality and event catering.
- To prepare, cook and serve any food delegated as your responsibility ensuring that the highest possible quality is maintained and that agreed standards for food preparation and presentation are met at all times.
- To adhere to company procedures in regards to temperature checks, food labelling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations at all times and ensure that all records of such are kept.
- To assist the Sous chefs in the overall checking and maintaining of your station and to assume overall responsibility in their absence.
- To liaise with the chef team with reference to pro-actively identify and action opportunities for improvements within your section.
- To remove any hazards and make safe any defects in the kitchen or equipment and report any problems to the senior chef on duty.
- Undertake training and development relevant to the role.
- Commitment to equality, diversity & inclusion;
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- Previous kitchen experience in a similar role/environment;
- Food Preparation and Cookery NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene Certificate,
- A genuine interest and passion for good food and taking pride in producing high standard dining;
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and staff;
- Flexible approach to the role;
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-passed environment;
- Ability to use own initiative;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
Disclosure check (About the college)
We are an equal opportunities employer and are seeking applications from suitable candidates from all backgrounds. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining an environment that values individuality and difference and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils by fostering perseverance, tolerance and integrity. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to complete a DBS Disclosure Application Form. Any information disclosed will be handled in accordance with any guidance and/or Code of Practice published by the DBS. The College is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered as “spent” under the Act) must be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. It is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children to attempt to apply for a position at the College.