Chef - Term Time only
We have exciting opportunities for Boarding House Chefs and Cooks to work in our Boarding Houses. The ideal candidates should have previous relevant experience in a similar role and have the ability to provide nutritious meals for the boys. Having a passion for cooking as well the ability to use your own initiative and work in a timely and efficient manner is essential.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Produce daily nutritious meals, using fresh ingredients, including breakfast, mid-morning snacks, lunch and supper
- To demonstrate a thorough understanding of all kitchen equipment
- To prepare food as per menu and include any special dietary requirements
- To ensure that all food is presented to the highest standard
- To cover duties when necessary, to include sick cover at short notice at any of the college catering areas
- To demonstrate a positive working style with an enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude
- To work in compliance with the Food Safety Management System and Health & Safety Policy
- Ensure good communication across the kitchen and other areas of the house
- To undertake regular training as given to keep up to date with both legislative, catering trends and innovation
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and Competencies Required
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- Previous experience working as a chef and/or a recognised Catering Qualification
- Experience using fresh produce
- Team player with the ability to be flexible
- Good communication skills
- An ability to work unsupervised and to use own initiative
- Ability to work calmly whilst under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- General interest in/passion for good food and taking pride in the food that is produced.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are committed to creating and sustaining an environment that values and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.