You will be responsible, under the direction of the cleaning supervisor, for cleaning designated areas within educational premises to ensure that they are kept in a clean and hygienic environment. Areas include, for example, Boarding houses, Schoolrooms, Offices and Pavilions.
From time to time you may be required to help set up examination rooms (i.e. moving tables and chairs around the school) working as part of a team. There will be duties in our Central Cleaning stores sorting cleaning materials and getting them ready to be distributed around the School.
- Cleaning, washing, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, emptying of litter bins, polishing, dusting of all fixtures and fittings of the designated areas within the educational establishment, including toilets, bathrooms and shower areas if applicable.
- Using where appropriate the correct powered equipment for vacuuming, shampooing, scrubbing & polishing of floor areas (training in use of equipment can be provided). Specialist cleaning knowledge is preferred.
- The movement of items of furniture to enable efficient and effective cleaning.
- Duties may vary between term time and vacation time
- All duties must be carried out to adhere to the Security, Health & Safety and Fire precautions policies including COSHH compliance.
- To perform other such duties as may be reasonably requested by the Cleaning Supervisor or Managers within the designated areas.
- Must have an interest in historic buildings and ideally understand the National Trust manual of maintenance of historic buildings.
- Must be prepared to undertake training in cleaning as directed.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Any other duties reasonably requested.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
We are an equal opportunities employer and are seeking applications from suitable candidates from all backgrounds. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining an environment that values individuality and difference and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils by fostering perseverance, tolerance and integrity. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to complete a DBS Disclosure Application Form. Any information disclosed will be handled in accordance with any guidance and/or Code of Practice published by the DBS. The College is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered as “spent” under the Act) must be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. It is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children to attempt to apply for a position at the College.