Proactively support the management team at the College’s central dining facility (Bekynton) to ensure an excellent dining service is delivered to all patrons of the facility. The post holder is also responsible for ensuring high customer standards across the front of house team.
- To ensure we achieve a high level of standards in all areas of work;
- Report for allocated duties in accordance to staffing schedules and timings;
- Ensure uniform and appearance of yourself and your team meet company specifications at all times;
- To adhere to all current Health and Safety and hygienic regulations, promoting a safe and hygienic environment;
- To organise your team along with the Duty Manager to ensure all tasks are completed to specification and within set targets providing support and assistance where required;
- To ensure all cleaning of equipment, walls (up to 6ft), fixtures and fittings, crockery, glassware and cutlery etc is to client and company specification ensuring cleaning schedules are completed as and when required;
- To comply with COSHH regulations using chemicals safely and effectively;
- To ensure the preparation and servicing of the dining areas and server are to pre-defined standards;
- To ensure that best practices are adopted with regards to rotation and preparation of perishable food items;
- To develop effective partnership with duty managers and colleagues including daily communications and to provide reciprocal support during colleague’s days off;
- Promote a good company image to customers and guests by using positive customer service practices and to promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues;
- To be responsible for developing and motivating your team to ensure unit standards are maintained;
- To receive any training as and when required in order to maintain and develop standards;
- To attend to any reasonable request by management;
- Where required, undertake regulated activity, such as unsupervised contact with children, ensuring that safeguarding procedures are followed and providing safe and effective care at all times;
- Good understanding and effective implementation of Child Protection procedures;
- Commitment and promotion of equality, diversity & inclusion;
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including by not limited to, completing safeguarding training as required, and ensuring any safeguarding updates issued by the College are read and understood;
- Understand and comply with procedures and legislation relating to confidentiality.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- Previous supervisory experience within a hospitality or similar environment;
- Customer service experience;
- Ability to lead and motivate a team;
- A relevant catering qualification would be desirable (NVQ Level 2);
- Good communication skills – will need to be able to communicate with customers, clients and staff;
- Some understanding of Health and Safety Regulations;
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines;
- Able to use own initiative;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Flexible approach to role.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including; an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme (where applicable), free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discount at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
We are an equal opportunities employer and are seeking applications from suitable candidates from all backgrounds. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining an environment that values individuality and difference and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils by fostering perseverance, tolerance and integrity. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
If you have any queries about the application process or any problem with submitting your application online, the Recruitment Team will be happy to help. Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to apply online, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com so we can make adjustments accordingly.
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including reference checks with past employers, an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and, where applicable, a Barred List, Prohibition and EEA checks. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to complete a DBS Disclosure Application Form. Any information disclosed will be handled in accordance with any guidance and/or Code of Practice published by the DBS. The College is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered as “spent” under the Act) must be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. It is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children to attempt to apply for a position at the College.