- Working closely with the existing members of the Fees and Bursaries Team to prepare case files for review by the Fees and Bursaries Accountant for ultimate submission to the Bursaries Committee
- Assessing bursary applications for means-testing purposes to determine a family’s ability to contribute towards Eton school fees
- Liaising with parents and prospective parents about bursary applications for their sons via phone calls and email correspondence
- Drafting award letters to notify parents of the outcome of their applications
- Maintaining accurate data on the Bursaries Management Software system in respect of bursary awards, allocation of funds and other analysis reports
- Liaising with Bursaries Administration Limited about home visits and related reporting
- Liaising with other school departments such as Admissions and Outreach in respect of bursary awards and other aspects of the Financial Aid Programme
- Completing any other reasonable tasks as required by the Fees and Bursaries Accountant in respect of the Financial Aid Programme
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including; an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discount at local retailers and businesses.
The Ideal Candidate
You may enjoy this role, if:
- You have previous experience of delivering outstanding customer service ideally within a similar environment
- You have excellent communication skills (written and spoken) with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide range of people at all levels
- You pride yourself on being trustworthy, reliable and empathetic
- Enjoy working both as part of a small team and independently
- Enjoy problem solving, taking initiative and being proactive but are able to seek support when required
- You have strong planning and organisational skills
- You have strong IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc) and must be using these in your current position
- You have strong data management skills including a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- You have the ability to analyse and present complex data/information clearly
- You have the ability to prioritise work and to respond effectively to change to meet deadlines
Eton College is looking to widen its existing Financial Aid Programme and is seeking to recruit an additional Bursaries Administrator to work within the Fees and Bursaries Team, which itself is a subset of the College’s Finance Department. This is a front-line role liaising with parents and prospective parents. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) and be naturally empathetic.
While there is no requirement for the candidate to have a formal accounting or financial qualification, the successful candidate will ideally have a degree or equivalent professional qualification. They must also be comfortable with numbers and be able to analyse and interpret a wide range of personal financial data whilst being able to work to strict deadlines and handle their workload in a discreet and confidential manner.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.