Boarding House General Assistant
- Assisting in the kitchen and dining area. Ensure that these areas are kept to the standard of cleanliness required by statutory regulations.
- Carry out all cleaning duties in the kitchen, dining room, pantry including washing up.
- Responsible for cleaning boys’ bedrooms, bathrooms, toilets and other areas of the House as required
- Assisting with laundry, e.g sending boys’ items to laundry and checking returned items.
- Light maintenance and odd jobs, e.g sweeping outside areas as required
- Helping at functions and social events to meet the needs of the House.
- Establish good relations with boys from an early stage. Boys should be encouraged to be polite, well-mannered, friendly and well turned out. Encourage boys in all aspects of tidiness.
- Commitment to equality, diversity & inclusion
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
In return, Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), a cycle to work scheme and free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- General cleaning experience.
- Flexible approach.
- To work as part of a close team and unsupervised when necessary.
- Ability to carry out tasks promptly and to a high standard.
- Excellent communication skills with experience of interacting with young people.
- Ability to use own initiative.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent attention to detail to join us as a Boarding House General Assistant.
Working as part of a team in one of our boarding houses, you will ensure that standards of cleanliness are as high as possible, as well as get involved in the wider life of the house. You could be ensuring the bathrooms are spick and span, helping to serve food to the boys, or anything else to ensure the smooth running of the boarding house.
If you like variety in your work, and have a flexible and adaptable nature, then this role is for you.
£8.66 per hour (inclusive of salary review)
Full time and part time hours available
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.