We are seeking to appoint an Accounts Assistant in the Finance Department. As part of a team, you will be responsible for overseeing and monitoring a College’s spending, ensuring all payments are authorised, processed, and paid in an accurate, professional and timely basis. Additionally, you will work on smaller cash books, online expenses and various other finance tasks on a rotational basis with the other members of the Purchase ledger team.
Due to the needs of the school and the department, we may interview suitable candidates before the closing date. This job may also close early if a large number of applications are received. You are advised to submit your application as early as possible to avoid missing your chance to apply.
- Purchase Ledger (approx. 3 day per week)To ensure that the Purchase Ledger is accurately maintained and deadlines are met, including set up of new supplier accounts and supplier statement reconciliations.
- To ensure suppliers are paid in accordance with agreed terms and conditions, or in accordance with best practice.
- To resolve any invoice queries in timely and efficient manner.
- To ensure all invoices are appropriately coded, approved and stored using the online document management system which interfaces to the Purchase Ledger.
- Rotational Accounts work (approx. 2 days per week)
- Management of the online expense system
- Cash book and Cashier work for smaller subsidiaries
- Any other adhoc finance related duties
- Commitment and promotion of equality, diversity & inclusion;
- All positions at Eton are classed as ‘regulated activity’ as per the Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 guidance, therefore a good understanding of safeguarding procedures is essential;
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including by not limited to, completing safeguarding training as required, and ensuring any safeguarding updates issued by the College are read and understood;
- Understand and comply with procedures and legislation relating to confidentiality.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- High attention to detail and an orderly approach to processing.
- Basic Excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience in an Accounts Assistant or Purchase Ledger role
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including; an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme (where applicable), free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discount at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
We are an equal opportunities employer and are seeking applications from suitable candidates from all backgrounds. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining an environment that values individuality and difference and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils by fostering perseverance, tolerance and integrity. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
If you have any queries about the application process or any problem with submitting your application online, the Recruitment Team will be happy to help. Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made or facilities provided to enable you to apply online, please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make adjustments accordingly.
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including reference checks with past employers, an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and, where applicable, a Barred List, Prohibition and EEA checks. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to complete a DBS Disclosure Application Form. Any information disclosed will be handled in accordance with any guidance and/or Code of Practice published by the DBS. The College is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings (including those which would normally be considered as “spent” under the Act) must be declared, subject to the DBS filtering rules. It is a criminal offence for any person who is barred from working with children to attempt to apply for a position at the College.